Back pain is one of the leading causes of disability. Most of the people experience back pain at least once in their lifetime. The back pain can range from mild to severe, depending on the causes of back pain. People of any age group can suffer from back pain due to various reasons.
The risk of developing back pain increases as people get older based on their occupation or any disk related medical problems.
Prevention is always better than cure! By taking preventative measures and following home remedies, you can heal back pain. If the home remedies or preventative measures do not work, make an appointment with a spine specialist as soon as possible.
What Are The Possible Causes Of Back Pain?
There are several factors that can lead to back pain. The following are some of the common causes of back pain:
- Muscle strains: Muscle strains can cause back pain. For example, when you make a sudden improper body movement or when you lift a heavy object incorrectly, back muscles are strained. The strained back muscles lead to back pain.
- Disk injuries: Disk injuries are common causes of back pain. When the disk bulge or rupture, the nerves get compressed and can cause back pain.
- Arthritis and osteoporosis: Arthritis is also listed as a common cause of back pain. Arthritis is caused by the damage in joints of the lower back.
Thinning of the bone or low bone density is called osteoporosis. It can also be a possible cause of back pain.
- Fungal infections: Fungal infections or any bacterial infections in the spine can also cause back pain.
- Kidney problems: When you have any kidney infections or kidney stones, you may suffer from back pain.
What Are The Symptoms Of Back Pain?
When the back pain is caused by muscle strain, the pain usually lasts for a few days or weeks. But, when you experience the symptoms for a long time, then it can be a sign of chronic back pain. The following are symptoms of back pain:
- Pain in the lower back
- Experiencing difficulty while standing or sitting
- Severe pain that elevates towards the legs
- A low range of motion in the back.
How Is Back Pain Diagnosed?
When the back pain is severe, it is advisable to consult a back pain specialist. To diagnose back pain, the doctor performs a physical test to examine the motion of the spine, your standing and walking abilities and leg strength.
If the doctor identifies a serious condition, he may suggest other tests such as X-ray, urine test, CT and MRI tests etc to check for any underlying medical conditions.
Based on the results of physical and medical tests, Neurologist may prescribe medications or physical therapy to strengthen the back and abdominal muscles.
Why Dr. Nikhil For Back Pain?
When you experience back pain for more than a month, you should meet an experienced back pain specialist to diagnose it. Dr Nikhil Sunkarineni has 10 years of experience in treating back pain in Hyderabad. He has treated hundreds of patients and gained an enormous knowledge in diagnosing back pain. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Nikhil, immediately for a back pain free life.