Neck Pain is most common in people. According to a few surveys conducted, 85% of people experience some sort of neck pain occasionally. The pain located in any part of the neck either left side or right side is considered as neck pain. Neck Pain severity may vary from person to person. In most cases, neck pain is relieved within a few days, but in a few cases neck pain will lead to serious injury or illness.
If you have neck pain is severe and continues for more than a week, consult a neck pain specialist immediately.
What Are The Possible Causes Of Neck Pain?
The following are some of the reasons for neck pain:
- Muscle strains: Muscle strains occur when you sit continuously for hours without moving or placing your neck in a bad posture.
- Injury: Neck can be injured during falls and car accidents. Also, during neck exercises or during sports, moving muscles and ligaments more than their normal range of motion can cause neck pain.
- Diseases: Certain diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, cancer and osteoporosis will also lead to neck pain.
- Heart Attack: Neck pain can also be a symptom of heart attack such as shortness of breath, sweating, nausea and vomiting.
- Throat infection: Virus infection of the throat can lead to neck pain
Sleeping postures: When you sleep with your neck positioned uncomfortably, you may experience neck pain.
How Can I Identify Neck Pain?
For a few people, the severity of pain may begin immediately and for a few, it may begin after a few days depending upon the levels of pain. The following are the symptoms of neck pain:
- Muscle pain
- Throat pain
- Weakness in the arms
- Neck pain without any reason
- Difficulty while swallowing or breathing
- Arm numbness or tingling
Neck Pain may last from hours to days depending on the symptoms and criticality of the pain. For some people, the severity of neck pain affects their daily routine and makes them more dependent on others.
Treatment For Neck Pain?
When you visit a neck pain specialist to diagnose neck pain, the doctor reviews your medical history and also the symptoms. While diagnosing neck pain, the doctor identifies the location, severity and the radiation of the pain. He examines the relieving and painful motions of the neck. He also examines if the neck pain improves or becomes worse while turning the head.
The doctor suggests the treatment options based on the cause of the pain such as rest, applying cold and hot packs and physical therapy etc.
Performing some neck pain relief exercises and use of neck pain products such as neck pillows for sleep can reduce the neck pain.
If the neck pain persists, the doctor suggests other treatment options based on the severity of the neck pain and the previous treatment experience.
Consult Dr. Nikhil for Neck Pain
If you are suffering from neck pain, you can count on Dr Nikhil Sunkarineni for neck pain treatment. Dr. Nikhil has treated hundreds of patients suffering from neck pain and has acquired many satisfied patients in Hyderabad. Dr. Nikhil values the importance of an interdisciplinary approach and is very patient while listening to his patients.